We have designed a software API to be used by all Hamamatsu digital cameras; it is named DCAM-API (Digital CAMera Application Programming Interface). The purpose of DCAM-API is:
- To standardize camera control and functionality of all Hamamatsu digital cameras.
- To bridge all the different RS-422/LVDS, CamLink, RS-232, IEEE-1394, USB software API and interfaces (Ex. Phoenix SDK, IFC, File I/O Serial, OHCI 1394, USB EHCI, etc.) into one defined set of API functions.
- To allow for future expandability of the API with limitless and seamless integration of digital cameras and interfaces without the need for re-building the host application to support them.
- Simple, yet powerful set of functions to control all the necessary features and data acquisition control functions of our cameras.
- Dynamic detection of camera features and control.
DCAM-API is currently supported on Microsoft Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and Apple Macintosh OSX. Please use the links below to learn about and download the latest official driver runtime for your platform.
Click to see The DCAM-API Internal Structure.
Important Notice: Before using a supported camera with your application software, please
- Microsoft Windows 7/VISTA/XP * (32-bit* and 64-bit)
- Apple Macintosh OSX **
* For 1394 OHCI Runtime support with Windows XP 32-bit, Service Pack 3 is required.
For Apple Macintosh, Mac OS X v10.6 "Snow Leopard" or higher is required.
DCAM-API software for your computer requires the DCAM-API Runtime Environment, also referred to as the DCAM-API Runtime, DCAM Runtime,
Runtime Environment, Runtime, DCAM-API Modules, DCAM Modules, Modules, DCAM-API download, or DCAM download
© Hamamatsu Corporation. Customer privacy is important, please read our privacy statement.